Blog – DYMCO’s Driving Belt <3 of 4> ‘Lifting belts in WMS’
WMS: Warehouse Management System
AS/RS: Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems
AGV/AMR: Automatic Guides Vehicle and Autonomous Mobile Robot
The introduction of automated warehouses has been accelerating in the logistics industry. There are various mechanisms, but a basic system involves raising and moving containers stored on racks to transport goods to their designated areas.
Dymco’s stainless steel open belt is actively used as a drive belt for container lifting and lowering.
The following benefits can be obtained by our belts:
– Minimal belt expansion, ensuring precise vertical movement.
– Smooth movement due to the use of a flat belt, resulting in fast vertical motion.
– Prevention of wire rope twisting or collapsing, maintaining a consistent winding of the four belts and reducing container swaying.
– No concerns about oil drips as it doesn’t require the use of grease.
– The winding diameter can be smaller compared to a rope.
We offer design and strength calculations for lifting belts, as well as compatibility with various belt materials and dimensional specifications.