Pulleys are an essential component of the conveyor system. The right choice of the pulleys determines the effectiveness of the operation and the final production output. Therefore, is of paramount importance to determine the type of pulley to be used, and the correct ratio between pulley diameter and belt thickness for optimal results, in terms of the lifespan and the overall efficiency of the conveyor system.
Choice of belts and pulleys
(1) Choice of belt thickness
- Power transmission belt: Thickness 0.04 to 0.1mm, Width 10 to 40mm
- Conveyor belt for light-weight workpieces: Thickness 0.08 to 0.2mm, Width 10 to 50mm
- Conveyor belt for light-weight workpieces: Thickness 0.1 to 0.5mm, Width 10 to 500mm
- Conveyor belt for heavy-weight workpieces: Thickness 0.6 to 1.2mm, Width 200 to 1500mm
(2) Choice of pulley diameter
- Pulley Diameter for DR type belts ＝Belt thickness (t) X 400 or more
- Pulley Diameter for DW type belts ＝Belt thickness (t) X 700 or more
In power transmission choice of pulley diameter is;
- Pulley Diameter for DR and DO type belts = Belt thickness (t) X 400 or more
Please fill in questionnaire for belt stress calculation in power transmission and conveyors.
(3) Edge positioning
(1) Crown pulley
Crown pulley prevents belt wandering.
(2) V guide
Rubber V guides on the back of the belt prevents belt wandering.
- A2017 A5056 A7075 SUS303 SUS304
– Aluminum pulleys surface treatment such as hard anodizing and tungsten carbide
– Sprocket pins are made of stainless steel
- Crowned pulley……φ16~φ500,5W~400W
- Sprocket pulley…….φ60~φ500,5W~300W